[Zope] RE: CST and disappearing variables (still)

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1002728759.c143d3@logicetc.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:45:59 -0400

Indeed they do.  Thanks for your methods on setting it up.  Have you
considered adding optional logging to CST itself for easier debugging?

> Not really... you could even make it "infinite" by entering 0.  Using an
> external session data container, this is OK because RAM consumption won't
> grow out of bound.  Additionally, the session data persists between
> shutdowns.

Ok.  I'll probably just make it some large number so it gets cleaned up at
least at some point, but still modify my application to help the stupid.

Why is it that the session data is deleted when the timeout is changed?  I
may confuse a lot of people that are in the process of placing orders when I
change this.

> Thanks for letting me know about this!  I'm sorry you had these
> problems but
> it feels good to not suspect CST of having a bug with external data
> containers.

Agreed.  I feel much better about CST now.  I've been wanting to use an
external container anyway for the persistence between shutdowns, I just
didn't expect to have to do it like this.

Thanks again for all your help!  Go ZC!

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.