[Zope] CoreSession + Non-undoable databases

CJ Kucera pez@apocalyptech.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:31:29 -0500 (CDT)

I said:
>      What the bsdbb3 README files don't tell you is that you have to
>      pass in the --berkeley-db= line to the "python setup.py install"
>      command as well, or it won't be built properly.  To find out if
>      it's been built properly, cd into "bsddb3/{arch}/bsddb3" [1] and:
>
>         $ nm _db.so | grep db_create
(etc...)

I built up the CST/BerkeleyDB stuff on a different box last night
(the one I had intended to put it on in the first place; was trying
it out on my own box first), and didn't have the problems I
mentioned when trying to get bsddb3 compiled, so it could very well
be that there was something hokey with my first box that was causing
me problems.  So you might not have to expect these problems.

Also, on this box, the "python setup.py install" DIDN'T accept the
"--berkeley-db=" option, so either distutils was set up much
differently on the two boxes, or my memory was just a bit off when
I wrote the original email.

Therefore: You might want to put this in as a disclaimer on the
Howto page . . .

Once again, thanks!
-CJ

WOW: Rapacious           | A priest advised Voltaire on his death bed to
apocalyptech.com/wow     |  renounce the devil.  Replied Voltaire, "This
pez@apocalyptech.com     |              is no time to make new enemies."