[Zope] Anyone got an idea how to get Zope Perl Working....

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:24:08 +1000

>>> Bill Hewitt wrote
> I installed the Linux Binary for ZOPE - Works just great....
> Then I tried to add the PerlScript Module - not so great....
> I recompiled Perl with Threading Support, CPANed Python::Object...
> When I run Make, it wont compile, complains about missing
> "Python.h".....
> I cant find it either.....
> Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
> Running Linux, gcc compiler, Python 2+ (The one that come with ZOPE),
> Perl 5.6.1 with IThreads....

Sounds like your system doesn't have the full installation of
python, including the headers. If you're on redhat, you'll need
the python-devel rpm. If not, you might need to download the
python source from www.python.org.

I believe I saw something about shipping Zope with the python headers
in some future release...

Anthony