[Zope] ZopeTime not synchronized with server

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@zope.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:44:36 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Werner" <joe@iuveno-net.de>
To: <fbarousse@piensa.com>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 14:25
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZopeTime not synchronized with server

> > I have reported this problem in several ocassions. Actually it seems to
me
> nobody cares about it.  Checking on the Zope code, some time ago, I
believe
> I found where the culprit is/was but, having no much time to mess with the
> code, did't tried the fix.   Guess most of us just learned
> > to live with that 5 hour offset.
>
> I've posted a couple of times that Stephan Richter's and Andreas Jung's
work
> on integrating mxDateTime into Zope will fix these issues. If Andreas gets
> enough mail to support this, he might be able to convince the ZC team to
get
> some time allocated on finishing that effort ...

We discussed this topic some time ago on the zope-coders list. Stefan and I
agreed
with Brian that it makes more sense to delay the change to mxDateTime
perhaps until
Zope 3. The major issue is a complete new API, lots of changes in the Zope
core
and backwards compatibility.

We have not forget this topic so please stay tuned.

Andreas

   -    Andreas Jung                           Zope Corporation        -
  -   EMail: andreas@zope.com                http://www.zope.com      -
 -  "Python Powered"                       http://www.python.org     -
  -   "Makers of Zope"                       http://www.zope.org      -
   -            "Endings are just Beginnings"                          -