[Zope] Zope NT Service dies - SOLUTION

Keating, Tim TKeating@origin.ea.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:49:40 -0500

As it happens, I think I know exactly what the problem is, because the same
thing happened to me recently.

The problem is caused by moving a Zope install. When you remove the first
installation, Zope does not clean the registry appropriately, and the
reinstall does not overwrite the existing keys. So the value
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\{zope service
name}\Parameters\start has the old path in it still. If you go in with
Regedit and change this to point at your new install, it should work fine.

TK