[Zope] Linux Zope <=> MSSQL

Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:18:46 -0700

I think at some point there was a FreeTDS hack to the Sybase DA that would
work with SQL Server 6.5, or something... Not sure if that would work for
you or if it is currently maintained, and pretty sure M$ has broken TDS in
recent incarnations of SQL server (embrace, extend, etc).

Of course, I would think the following was interesting if I were in your
situation:
http://pyxsqmll.sourceforge.net/

I'm guessing you could hack the MySQLDA to sit on top of this.  Of course,
this is totally a guess, but it sounds doable.

Disclaimer: I haven't done anything like this, haven't worked with MS stuff
in a while, and just happened to remember seeing this.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Leftwich [mailto:wade@lightlink.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 1:00 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Linux Zope <=> MSSQL

Is there a Best Way to connect Zope on *nix (BSD or Linux) to MS SQL2000? Or
can I get a hint?

I'm working on a site that's all ASP,  adding Zope components with a goal of
moving the whole thing to Zope eventually. It would be a big plus to run
Zope on FreeBSD or (2nd choice) Linux.

I started to look at SQL Relay, but got scared off by a discussion on its
mailing list titled "Massive Memory Leaks". My site is corporate and
moderately high traffic (60K page views per day), so I need a reliable
setup.

Any help appreciated. If I don't get this working with Zope pretty soon, I
fear a countermove by the .NET faction.

Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY

P.S. I also posted this msg to zope-db. Sorry about the cross-post, but
there doesn't seem to be much traffic there. At least compared to here.