[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Zope Controller GUI Windows 1.0 release

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:45:07 +1000

On Thursday 18 October 2001 15:33, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > We have concerns about licensing of the toolkits - as far as we can tell,
> > we wouldn't be able to use Qt (my favourite) because we bundle the app
> > with our commercial product. I haven't looked at wxPython recently, but I
> > think last time I looked it was a problem too.
>
> How about anygui, as a fallback?

As a work in progress, it looks promising :)

Seriously, I brought up the idea of there being a Carbon mapping for anygui,
and it sounds like it'll be a possibility when the "unix" Mac OS X port of
Python (ie. not MacPython) has wrappers for Carbon.

Just visited then anygui web page (http://anygui.sf.net/) to get up to date
with the project. Saw this, which *hopefully* isn't a true reflection on the
support for the project:

    Subscribe to the development mailing list. (currently  -2 members)

:)

   Richard