[Zope] Best approach for a newbie?

Richard Hewison Richard.Hewison@luton.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:44:01 +0100

I'm new to Zope and am slowly getting to grips with v2.4.1. However, I'm =
unsure what the best approach is going to be for the following:

I would like to write a form that users can access to upload documents to =
a particular folder. I then want Zope to create a table which contains =
four columns - one for an icon showing the document type (word or pdf =
usually), a link to the document itself (I can do this part already), the =
author and finally the date the document was last updated.

I was hoping that the easiest way of doing this would be to get the user =
to type in the required info in the form (doc_type, doc_author, doc_date), =
and this would then be applied as properties to the file object (the =
document) when it was uploaded. Is this feasible, if so - how should I do =
it - or is there a better method?

Thanks in advance,