[Zope] Virtual Site Root problems

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:22:25 -0500

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 09:32:45PM +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:

> I don't know how to achieve this using the VirtualHostMonster,
> except having tons of wildcard patterns matching all possible
> management functions. (And lots of recherche to get all this pathes.)

Untested, and probably won't work for all manage pages without some $1
magic, but it *does* at least provide an external redirect:

  RewriteRule ^/*manage https://myhost.mydomain/otherpath/manage [R]

But yeah, if you wanted to get *every* possible ZMI page, that would
get ugly. But since you're not worried about other pages that might
require auth (since you don't have any), how big a jump is it to
assume that your managers will only be going to /manage URLs?

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu