[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:56:17 +0100

Paz wrote:

> Oliver,
>
> I'm a bit confused. What version of things are you running? I remember
> that this thread changed quickly to specify Solaris with the problem. I
> tested this problem on my linux box (note, dual processor) without any
> problems at all.... Mind you of course it slowed the response down a
> bit, but it was stable...

 > And what is the significance of 2 methods and 'not 4'?

Linux 2.2.13, Python 1.5.2 both from the suse dist (7.0?).
zope 2.3.3 compiled from source.

The problem is described here:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-October/102360.html

Basically, I can stop zope from responding by
opening two browser windows which point to a long running
zope dtml-method (the 2 methods)
OTOH, pressing stop on one browser window makes zope responsive
again while zope won't stop the respective thread (observable
via top).
The 4 is zope's default maximum number of python threads,
which I can reach by using the above "hit-stop-and-reload" trick.

cheers,
oliver