[Zope] NEWBIE: manage_delObject, manage_delProperties?

Michael michael@exasource.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:10:35 -0700

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Danny William Adair wrote:

> You have to call delObject(s) on the parent, because this is the object
> manager you are telling "delete one(some) of your objects".
>
> If you are calling it on a folder (object manager), and you want to delete
> the object "entry_info" that lies in this folder, use this:
>
> <dtml-call "manage_delObjects['entry_info']">
>
> If you are calling your method on the object to be deleted itself (usually
> not so elegant), your DTML should look something like this:
>
> <dtml-call "aq_parent.manage_delObjects([id])">
>
> Keep in mind that manage_delObjects expects a list as a parameter. This
> list holds the ids of the (contained) objects to be deleted, not the
> objects themselves.
>
> hth,
> Danny

I used second method above, <dtml-call "aq_parent.manage_delObjects([id])">
and it works, but I get a Site error: Cannot locate object at:
machine.domain:8080/file/path/to/object/1004153812, even though the objects
are being deleted ?