[Zope] action modifier adds calling method to URL?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:25:05 +0100

Milos Prudek writes:
 > I have a method "run" that is called from method "display" on
 > /presley/elvis folder. When using simple form as follows...
 >
 > <form action="run">
 >   <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Run!">
 > </form>
 >
 > ... it goes to a correct URL: /presley/elvis/run
 > ... and URL0 is /presley/elvis/run
 >
 > However, I'd like to use :action modifier, as follows:
 >
 > <form action="">
 >   <input type="submit" name="run:action" value="Run!">
 >   <input type="submit" name="set:action" value="Set!>
 > </form>
 >
 > This works fine, but it goes to:
 >
 > /presley/elvis/display/run or  /presley/elvis/display/set.
 >
 > and URL0 is also /presley/elvis/display/run or
 > /presley/elvis/display/set.
 >
 > This '/display/' disturbs logic of my program (things like PARENTS).
 >
 > Is this standard behaviour, or a Zope fault?
The URL resolution spec say that the empty URL stands for
the document URL. Not all browsers understand this, but
apparently, you have one....

Use "<form action=.>" to get rid of the "display" segment...

Dieter