[Zope] Good Use for Zope?

Leland Myrick leemyr@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:26:21 -0700

I'm new to Zope but I'm excited by its possibilities. I'm going to be doing
some contract work to setup a database for a high school resource center.
The basic idea is that all the materials available for the teachers to
checkout (book sets, vidoes, math materiels, etc.) would be on the database
and would be set up with a barcode system and wand for quick checkout, much
like any lending library.

The nice part is that every teacher is already connected on an ethernet lan,
so I want to set it up so that they can search the database from their
classrooms without having to trudge across the campus only to find out that
what they were looking for isn't in the system or has been checked out.

The first ideas of the school personnel were filemaker or access. I
definitely am not doing access. The point is, has anyone done a barcode
checkout system on zope? Good idea?

leland myrick