[Zope] GUF & SQL login problems

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@worldonline.cz
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 14:46:52 +0200

Milos Prudek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to set up not-encrypted SQL login, using GenericUserFolder
> README, a walkthrough and GUF_SQL_crypt howto.
>
> After I installed GUF and created GUF-protected folder (i.e. before I
> made the changes described in GUF_SQL_crypt howto), I was able to log in
> as jorge:secret.
>
> After I made the changes, and try to login using correct username and
> password, the login dialog always reappears. Login is not possible.

Out of despair I changed the userAuthenticate to only have one line:
<dtml-return "_.int('1')">

So GUF should always login anyone! But it does not. The log in web form
dialog always reappears.

Could it be something with permissions?

When I followed GUF walkthrough I did exactly what I was told: For GUF
itself (acl_users), disable all acquisition, and provide "Can Login and
Logout" and "Access Contents" for the "Anonymous" role. That locked me
out of GUF protected folder... So I added an extra step: I gave the
"Manager" role all permissions... this step seems to be neccessary, but
it is not in the README or walkthrough...

And for the GUF-protected folder I did the same extra step of giving the
Manager role all permissions...

Maybe the ZSQL/method placement is at fault?

The "specialrole" is defined at the Zope root folder (because the admin
user is defined at the root folder, and I would not be able to assign
proxy roles otherwise).

All ZSQL methods are inside the GUF-protected folder.

--
Milos Prudek