postgres logging Re: [Zope] GUF & SQL login problems

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@worldonline.cz
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 22:24:05 +0200

> > > can't you just get your SQL-backend to log/print out the SQL-queries it
> > > gets from your GUF? This is what once helped me to figure out a similar
> > > problem with loginmanager.
> >Is it possible with PostgresQL?
> Check out the -d switch to postgres and postmaster.

Okay, I changed postmaster.opts to include d=2, and I verified using
"pg_ctl status" that it applies. Now where is the log file? The queries
do not go to syslog...

There is a file that looks like a log: /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log. It is
growing, but when I start psql and do "SELECT * from pg_log", I get
"ERROR: pg_log cannot be accessed by users"...

--
Milos Prudek