[Zope] ZODBC connection in NT

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:08:18 -0400

[michael montagne]

> I finally got my zope to start as a service in NT and now all my Z ODBC
connections are broken.
> Probably because they were defined as user DSNs.  So I redefined them as
System DSNs and now they all return "invalid connection string".  Is there a
trick to this?  Any other way than DSN to connect?

I use ZODC with Zope 2.3.3 (and previous versions) on Win2000 with no
problems, and no special connect strings.  It could depend on your database
odbc driver.  I've found one or two that couldn't use the string that odbc
offered, so I had to use my own (can't remember for sure, I think that might
have been Interbase).

What version of Zope and ZODBC are you using?

Cheers,

Tom P