[Zope] ZOracleDA-beta5 problem; possible bug running NT

Stig-Arne Nordin stigarne@fy.chalmers.se
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:41:26 +0200

Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids wrote:

> Stig-Arne Nordin wrote:
>
>  > If you encounter a null value in the datbase zope returns the value None
>  > under NT.
>  > At least if it is an integer field.
>
> I gather this is something new with the new DBAPI 2.0-based adapters.
> In any event, the way to handle it is like so:
>
>         <dtml-var field null>
>
> "null" tells DTML to render "None" (which means no object) as an empty
> string.

What happens top me is that <dtml-var my_field> is rendered as None when
the empty string is encountered. Maybe the None answer is default I
don't know. However I want it to be rendered as 0 and the NVL returns
0.0 and and I can't emliminate the trailing .0
--
Stig-Arne Nordin