[Zope] Zope management screens and OmniWeb (on OS X)

Brian Covey support@omnigroup.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:15:58 -0700

Dominique -
First off, let me apologize for how long it has taken us to get back to
you on your message to us; OmniWeb has really taken off in the Mac OS X
community, and the response has been simply amazing. However, that meant
that messages to addresses like omniweb4@omnigroup.com could go
unanswered for long periods of time.  We do think that it's incredibly
important to respond to everyone in a timely manner, so it's now my
primary responsibility to get us caught up and keep us that way. In the
future, you should see much better response times when you send us mail.

That said, you'll be happy to know that the bug has been fixed within
the last couple of weeks, and OmniWeb 4.0.5 and later should no longer
have this problem. Thanks for putting up with the bug while we got this
straightened out.

Sincerely,

Brian Covey
Support Engineer
Omni Group

On Wednesday, May 2, 2001, at 12:39 AM, Dominique.Dutoit@cec.eu.int
wrote:

> Same problem here.
>
> But I think that the problem is elsewhere because I don't have any
> problem
> to manage my personal folder on zope.org with OmniWeb. Maybe the
> problem is
> authenticating an user when there is a port number in the URL. Or the
> way
> zope.org does the authentication is more friendly that the
> authentication
> window.
>
> I have tried to run zope on a port 80 but Python refused to bind the
> port
> and I'm sure that Apache is not running. It seems that Mac OS X protects
> some resources.
>
> By the way, iCab has exactly the same problem and yet, it works with the
> personal folder.
>
> Dominique

Sincerely,

Brian Covey