[Zope] bobobase_modification_time + date format issues

Joe Gaffey Joe.Gaffey@gradient.ie
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 17:57:32 +0100

Hi all,

A quick issue with date formats.  I know there is loads on the mailing lists
(I have read loads), but nothing that I can see that solves my problem.

I am doing a query on a ZCatalog which I want to return the 10 newest
documents, and put them in a table with the date, title and author.  It all
works fine except the date is always wrong. (See my code below -
index_html - a dtml_method)

the first line in the table output is :

17 Jul  Rational Software - UML Poster   Joe

but the actual last modified date is today (05 Sep).  The
bobobase_modification_time in the catalog is 2001/09/05 10:26:57.0591 GMT-5
which looks right to me.

The Zope book mentions casting the data. Is this the problem, if so, how
would I do that?

TIA,
Joe.

Here is my code:

<th>Date</th>
<th>Title</th>
<th>Author</th>
<dtml-in
"Catalog(sort_on='bobobase_modification_time',sort_order='reverse')"
size=10>
      <dtml-var bobobase_modification_time fmt="%d %b">
               <dtml-var title></a>
      <dtml-var author>
</dtml-in>