[Zope] Advice needed: load balancing wih ZEO and Apache on So laris.

Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:57:09 -0700

I like the squid-in-front config because it buys us the best of all worlds
for our diverse setup.  We run Apache to support static content, PHP, and
some legacy CGI scripts too, as we have a large site with very diverse
offerings and products built on a variety of development platforms; our Zope
apps just don't use Apache as a front end, for us, it looks like this:

               ^
            | /|\
            v  |
 +------------------------+
 | Cache (squid pt. 80)-+ |
 |  |  /|\              | |
 |  |   |               | |
 |  +->{redirector}     | |
| Node     \      \           | | Node        |
| [Apache Port 80] \          | | Same Config |
| (PHP,Perl,Static) \         | +-------------+
|          [ Zope Port 9673 ] |