[Zope] problems installing MySQL/PostgreSQL DA

sebas ICK sebas@ick-kupplungen.de
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:30:52 +0200

L.S.,

well trying all day long did not make it happen ... maybe the group can.

Here we go:

specs:

SuSE 7.2
Python 2.1
Zope 2.4.0 and 2.4.1
Formulator and some other Products

PostgreSQL and MySQL (those from the SuSE cdroms)

I tried to install ZPoPyDA, untarring and moving to the Products dir, but
zope came up with the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 552, in
import_product
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/__init__.py", line 23,
in ?
    from PoPy_browser import PoPyConnectionBrowser,
addPoPyConnectionBrowser,addPoPyConnectionForm
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/PoPy_browser.py", line
67, in ?
    from PoPy_DA import PoPyConnection, database_type, addPoPyConnectionForm
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/PoPy_DA.py", line 26, in
?
    from PoPy_db import DB
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPoPyDA/PoPy_db.py", line 26, in
?
    raise "The PoPy module is not installed"
The PoPy module is not installed

when i restarted it. I also tried a lower version, but the same problem
occurred.

Second try, using psycopg, but when trying to ./configure it said:

cannot build without mx headers and stopped.

Installing egenix-mx-base from .rpm didn't help. still the same error.

(I got similar errors with MySQL DA, but that's another problem ... maybe
worthy information for someone.)

Does someone see my mistake?

tia,

sebas.