[Zope] file upload from python script

Horst Wald horstwald@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 08:56:02 +0000

>When I try manage_addFile or manage_upload, the content of the new > > is
>the path of the file I wanted to upload and not the file itself.

>>This means, you should pass the FileUpload object and
>>not the filename :-)

The problem is: "I'm trying to do a file upload from inside a python script
that takes the file's   PATH   and the target folder object as args."

OK, but I wouldn't have to write a python script if I already had the
FileUpload object corresponding to the file I want to upload - I could use
manage_addFile or manage_upload then. I know how to get a FileUpload object
using a <input type="file">-tag in a dtml-Document.

But I want to do the upload automatically: I have a python script A with a
list of (PathOfFileToUpload,TargetFolderObject)-pairs which is to call a
python script B for each item in the list, handing over to it the path of
the chosen file and the target folder B is supposed to upload the file into?
I then have to convert the file's path into a FileUpload object first and
then use manage_upload with it, like

def B(TargetFolderObject,PathOfFileToUpload):
TargetFolderObject.manage_upload(FileUploadObject(PathOfFileToUpload))

So my remaining question is: how do I create a FileUpload object from the
chosen file's path?

Thanks nevertheless

Horst

Downloaden Sie MSN Explorer kostenlos unter http://explorer.msn.de/intl.asp