[Zope] Authentication Problem

Matthew Speedy Matthew.Speedy@berkeley-ifa.co.uk
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:19:46 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C136DE.FEAD62A0

Hello

I have a slight problem with the software.

I use Suse 7.2, and have installed Zope using Yast2, so I didn't compile it
myself...

I set up an initial username and password using the following...

./zpasswd inituser

It seems to accept it.

When I go to http://localhost:8080; and I try to log on, it never accepts my
username/password.

I didn't know if there was a conflict with Apache since Zope loads ZServer,
so I stopped the Apache service. So I can only access port 8080. It still
doesn't accept it.

What shall I do?

Matthew Speedy - Fresh Linux User

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recepient. It may not be
disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way.
If received in error, please contact Berkeley Independent Advisers Ltd. on 024 7623 2000
quoting the name of the sender. It is the recepient's responsibility to check any
attachments for viruses. Berkeley Independent Advisers Limited recommend that all
attachments are checked before use. No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Berkeley
Independent Advisers Limited by means of email communications. Where signatures are required
email will not be accepted as a substitute. Please report any misuse of email to
Compliance@berkeley-ifa.co.uk Berkeley Independent Advisers Limited, Eaton House, 1 Eaton
Road, Coventry, CV1 2FJ. Tel: 024 7623 2000 Fax : 024 7623 2070. Berkeley Independent
Advisers Limited is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C136DE.FEAD62A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Authentication Problem</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have a slight problem with the software.=
</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I use Suse 7.2, and have installed Zope us=
ing Yast2, so I didn't compile it myself...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I set up an initial username and password =
using the following...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">./zpasswd inituser</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">It seems to accept it.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When I go to <A HREF=3D"http://localhost:8=
080;" TARGET=3D"_blank">http://localhost:8080;</A> and I try to log on, it =
never accepts my username/password.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I didn't know if there was a conflict with=
 Apache since Zope loads ZServer, so I stopped the Apache service. So I can=
 only access port 8080. It still doesn't accept it.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">What shall I do?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Matthew Speedy - Fresh Linux User</FONT>
</P>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
********************************************************************<BR>
The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recepient. It m=
ay not be <BR>
disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be cop=
ied in any way. <BR>
If received in error, please contact Berkeley Independent Advisers Ltd. on =
024 7623 2000 <BR>
quoting the name of the sender. It is the recepient's responsibility to che=
ck any <BR>
attachments for viruses. Berkeley Independent Advisers Limited recommend th=
at all <BR>
attachments are checked before use. No contracts may be concluded on behalf=
 of Berkeley <BR>
Independent Advisers Limited by means of email communications. Where signat=
ures are required <BR>
email will not be accepted as a substitute. Please report any misuse of ema=
il to <BR>
Compliance@berkeley-ifa.co.uk Berkeley Independent Advisers Limited, Eaton =
House, 1 Eaton <BR>
Road, Coventry, CV1 2FJ. Tel: 024 7623 2000 Fax : 024 7623 2070. Berkeley I=
ndependent <BR>
Advisers Limited is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.<BR>
</FONT></CODE></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C136DE.FEAD62A0--