[Zope] ZOBD performance using large documents

Frank Stephan frank_stephan@gmx.de
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:08:41 +0200

Hi,

I have to build an application where rather big documents have to
be managed. Now tried to upload a 5meg file to ZODB locally on my
machine (PIII 800, 512MB, W2K) and I had to wait 2 min and 16 seconds.
Ok, for users that only have a slow dialup connection this would be no
problem, but I wonder, how ZODB will behave, if there are a lot
of these documents to store. Are there better alternatives?
I have to admit I like storing files in ZODB as I do not have to
maintain which file belongs to which Zope document.

TIA
Frank