[Zope] getitem and string.lower syntax

Hamzat kamal hamzatk@dnetsystems.net
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:00:58 +0200

--=====================_38959557==_.ALT

At 06:56 PM 9/6/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hoo! sorry for disturbing you guys I later find out my mistake.
>
>I supposed to seperate the _.getitem attribute 1 from the string function.
>
><dtml-var expr="_.getitem(_.string.lower(date_code),1)">
>
>I have tried this and it works perfectly.
>
>Thanks for your understanding.
>
>At 06:03 PM 9/6/01 +0200, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Can somebody help me to correct what is wrong in this code below?
>>
>><dtml-var expr="_.getitem(_.string.lower(date_code,1))">
>>
>>date_code is a string value enter by the user by filling a form which i
>>then reference as a DTML Method.
>>
>>This worked perfectly before inserting the string function -<dtml-var
>>expr="_.getitem(date_code,1)">
>>then the user will have to type the value in a lower case, this i
>>considered to be rigid.
>>
>>But after inserting the string function this is error msg i received
>>Error Type: TypeError
>>Error Value: read-only character buffer, tuple
>>
>>Thanks.
>>Hamzat kamal
>>Dnet Systems Ltd.,
>>http://www.dnetsystems.net.

--=====================_38959557==_.ALT

At 06:56 PM 9/6/01 +0200, you wrote:<br>
find out my mistake.<br>
I supposed to seperate the _.getitem attribute 1 from the string
function.<br>
&lt;dtml-var
expr=&quot;_.getitem(_.string.lower(date_code),1)&quot;&gt;<br>
I have tried this and it works perfectly.<br>
Thanks for your understanding.<br>
At 06:03 PM 9/6/01 +0200, you wrote:<br>
Can somebody help me to correct what is wrong in this code below?<br>
&lt;dtml-var
expr=&quot;_.getitem(_.string.lower(date_code,1))&quot;&gt;<br>
date_code is a string value enter by the user by filling a form which i
then reference as a DTML Method.<br>
This worked perfectly before inserting the string function -&lt;dtml-var
expr=&quot;_.getitem(date_code,1)&quot;&gt;<br>
then the user will have to type the value in a lower case, this i
considered to be rigid.<br>
But after inserting the string function this is error msg i
received<br>
<b>Error Type: TypeError<br>
Error Value: read-only character buffer, tuple<br>
</b>Thanks.<br>
Hamzat kamal<br>
Dnet Systems Ltd.,<br>