[Zope] click-stream collection and analysis with Zope??

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:22:13 -0400

My latest newbie challenge...!
Has anyone implemented an extensive user tracking system with Zope?
Is this built into Zope anywhere?

I am looking for the right combo of products and how-to's to figure this
out.
Should I use ZODB or zSQL, or pgSQL, etc?
What performance problems will Zope have?  forcing external methods, etc?

I figured to use a permanent cookie (because I cant force a login) to assign
a GUID (global user id) and then track everything the user ever does
(click-stream)and when.  Then correlate form data(surveys/polls, etc) with
the GUID.
I think this is different from blogging??? because the tracking is specific
to the GUID/cookie.  and not an IP.

I would love some advice to generate the GUID itself too, so it cant be
hacked and would never generate the same number twice..

whew...Thanks soo much for any feedback,
Trevor