[Zope] ExtFile on Zope 2.4.0

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1000410954.d3d5e9@logicetc.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:55:54 -0400

As far as I can tell, the only thing that doesn't work about it is copying
and pasting ExtFile objects.

By design, when you copy and paste an ExtFile, a copy of the file is made
with a new name in the ExtFile repository.  A change in Zope 2.4 breaks
that, so you end up with a copy of the object in the ZODB, but they both
reference the same file in the repository...obviously a very bad thing.

Adding and deleting ExtFile objects, however, appears to function as
designed.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.