[Zope] OpenFlow workflow engine

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
06 Sep 2001 16:16:08 -0600

On Thu, 2001-09-06 at 10:54, charlie@blanchardsite.com wrote:
> a comment and a question:
> > Personally, I would recommend anyone to use the DCWorkflow tool over your tool,
> > since it is maintained and supported by one of the most polite and well
> > respected developers in the Zope community.
> >
> i have a persistent problem and am wondering why.
>
> almost every time i see some product recommended somewhere and go
> to zope.org to search for it, a link to the product itself does
> not show up on the results page. often there are links to things
> on zope.org _about_ the product, but rarely will the product link
> _itself_ appear.
>
> DCWorkflow is a prime example, type it in on the zope.org search
> box and up come three links to zwiki pages - nothing leading one
> to the product itself. to me, this is a very serious
> deficiency. when someone recommends a product, as you did here,
> it should be trivial to go to zope.org and _find_ it (imho), and
> it just isn't...

IMO, it is because zope.org doesn't allow you to filter the search based
on what you are looking for. It is pretty much a UI matter, IMO.

For example, in this case, there should be a radio button or check box
to mark that you want to search only for Products (Software Releases).
I've asked for this before. Perhaps the CMF-ization of zope.org will
resolve that.

Bill