[Zope] Kaivo CatalogQuery-0.1.1

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 01:31:41 +0100

I am having a bit of a problem making CatalogQuery 0.1.1 behave how I want
it to under Zope 2.4.0.  Basically, I have a Script (Python) that accepts a
parameter 'search', that I want to use inside the 'query' method of Catalog.
Here is my code:

results = context.Catalog.query('title==search', REQUEST) # or paint==search
or exhibition==search or style==search or for_sale==search)

>From this, I get:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: name 'search' is not defined

Removing the quotes, thus:

results = context.Catalog.query(title==search, REQUEST) # or paint==search
or exhibition==search or style==search or for_sale==search)

I get, this error:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'int' object has no attribute 'replace'

I'm sure it's me being dumb (but I have tried searching the list archive),
coz that has certainly been the case in the past, but if anyone could point
me in the right direction, I'd be mightily appreciative.

cheers

tim