[Zope] click-stream collection and analysis with Zope??

Norman Khine khine@btinternet.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:52:32 +0100

A really cool web analysis tool is http://www.urchin.com/

Norman
-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Trevor Toenjes
Sent: 07 September 2001 16:01
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: FW: [Zope] click-stream collection and analysis with Zope??

* Trevor Toenjes <zope@toenjes.com> [010907 15:30]:
> Thanks,
> I will try this in the next week , and post my success back to the board.
> I always hear about the need to "clear the logs", which I dont want to do.
> I want to keep a complete history together for analysis.  Does this method
> allow for that?

It depends on the analysis tool you use.  Since access logs are large,
you should compress and rotate them.  But the actual analysis tools
themselves usually store historical data in a binary format.  For a
commericial one, try WebTrends, or a Free one, Webalyser.  Can anyone
else recommend anything else?

seb