[Zope] Can I change the default document to index.html???

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:28:19 -0500

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 09:16:31AM -0700, Walter Miller wrote:

> Sorry, I can't seem to find the How-To that descibes how to change
> the default document without resorting to the <dtml-var
> default.html> work-around that i mentioned in my previous post.
> That work-around doesn't change the fact that everytime a new folder
> is created with an associated public interface, the default document
> created is index_html.

Maybe I'm thick, but does 'create a public interface' do anything
*other* than make an index_html DTML Document in the folder? If not,
why bother? Acquire index_html from higher up the object tree, and let
that object refer to default.html -- right?

I'm fairly certain I've made folders with and without 'public
interface' and the security settings were identical. Of course, I
could be wrong.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu