[Zope] ObjectManager question.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:23:13 +0200 (CEST)

Tom Cameron writes:
 > That is interesting,
 > I find if I subclass off Folder only then I dont get to see the SubObject
 > Tab in the ZClass management area. I have to subclass off ObjectManager also
 > to see this tab.
 >
 > Could I be doing something wrong?
No, you do not.

Apparently, there are two different "ObjectManager" classes.
One that "Folder" subclasses, without "Subobject" tab,
and one available as base class for ZClasses with this tab.

I was unaware of this "name clash" and, as Chris did, suggested
once to simply subclass from "Folder" and omit "ObjectManager".

Now, I see (from your post), that this is not true for
ZClasses.

Dieter