[Zope] trees, SQL and ODB's

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 21:28:57 +0100

> On Sun, 2001-09-09 at 12:45, tom smith wrote:
>>
>> I have a little rule of thumb, if assistance starts with "I wouldn't start
>> from here if I was you", stick it where the sun don't shine!
>>
>> :-)
>
> Hmm. Even though you used a smiley there, you may wish to reconsider
> whether this response was rude. You may not have intended it to be, and
> I'd consider it borderline myself, but this is a pretty sure way of
> decreasing your chances for assistance in the future.

Firstly, if that's the kind of assistance I get from asking a valid question
(so close to a big deadline), then stick it ... :-)

Secondly, don't you have a sense of humour? Only kidding :-) Or am I? :-)

Thirdly, I know from experience that  Chris has a sense of humour ( and a
thick skin ) but I'd consider you "borderline" myself :-)

Tom

P.s I really do have a deadline this week (Tuesday) for a "made with zope"
application so my judgement may be slightly impaired by late nights, beer
and the thought of being told to rewrite it in ASP.