[Zope] 2 Question

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:55:52 -0500

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 12:13:00PM +0300, Mohammad Ali Agheli wrote:

> 1- Can I use the abilities & properties of ZOPE over Apache web server
> without existence of ZServer? How?

Only if you count running Zope as a CGI (persistent CGI or
regular). I've not done that myself, but others have. The other reply
in this thread mentions my Apache+Zope howto, but my particular
settings do require ZServer.

> 2- Can I export pages that are designed with ZOPE to the HTML format for
> using with Apache web server? How?

Use 'wget' or any other web mirroring tool. It may choke or take too
long on certain dynamic content -- one site I used to run had an
expandable/compressible tree-based sitemap, and wget would take
forever in trying to get that tree into every possible configuration
on every possible page.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu