[Zope] Your Help is seriously needed : retrieving Dtml Documents with user input filled from the form

Hamzat kamal hamzatk@dnetsystems.net
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:48:11 +0200

--=====================_35220531==_.ALT

Dear Zoptistals,

(I am very sorry for the inconveniences that might have caused then i
seriously need your assistance)

I am having one serious problem which I will like you to assist me. I am
keeping archives which is reference by the users by typing the file name
into a form displayed on the web. i stored the user input  into a var name
called date_code.

<input type="text" name="date_code">.

The action on this form is pointed to a folder that contain an index_html
file,  which reference the file that bear the actual name stored inside the
variable date_code.

<dtml-var expr="_.getitem(_.string.lower(date_code),1)">

to render the file.

This work perfectly when a user type in the value for the date_code var.

My problem is this.

I have some other links on the index_html page which suppose to use the
date_code value which the user typed to display their contents as well, and
i have already stored those content in their various folders, but to my
surprise when clicked on these links this is the error message i got:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: date_code

despite the fact that i set the path to those folder that contain the files.

Please i need your assistance as soon as posssble.

This is the url of the site :http://www.champion-newspapers.com

On the home page clicked on archive button, when a newpage is displayed
ignore the instruction and press logon button . Another page will be
displayed asking you to enter the date code, for the purpose of this test
type friday_1008_html and click view button.

This will display the teaser archive for the news item, there after try to
click on editorial on the left navi you will then see the error, despite
the fact that i have the copy of friday_1008_html in the editorial folder.

My impression is that since i have been able to use the date_code to
display the teaser for the news item, then i should be able to use for all
other link items on this page.

thanks for your care.

Hamzat Kamal.

--=====================_35220531==_.ALT

Dear Zoptistals,<br>
(I am very sorry for the inconveniences that might have caused then i
seriously need your assistance) <br>
I am having one serious problem which I will like you to assist me. I am
keeping archives which is reference by the users by typing the file name
into a form displayed on the web. i stored the user input&nbsp; into a
var name called date_code. <br>
&lt;input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;date_code&quot;&gt;.<br>
The action on this form is pointed to a folder that contain an index_html
file,&nbsp; which reference the file that bear the actual name stored
inside the variable date_code.<br>
&lt;dtml-var
expr=&quot;_.getitem(_.string.lower(date_code),1)&quot;&gt;<br>
to render the file.<br>
This work perfectly when a user type in the value for the date_code
var.<br>
My problem is this.<br>
I have some other links on the index_html page which suppose to use the
date_code value which the user typed to display their contents as well,
and i have already stored those content in their various folders, but to
my surprise when clicked on these links this is the error message i got:
<b>Error Type: NameError<br>
Error Value: date_code<br>
</b>despite the fact that i set the path to those folder that contain the
files.<br>
Please i need your assistance as soon as posssble.<br>
This is the url of the site
</u></font>On the home page clicked on archive button, when a newpage is
displayed ignore the instruction and press logon button . Another page
will be displayed asking you to enter the date code, for the purpose of
this test type friday_1008_html and click view button.<br>
This will display the teaser archive for the news item, there after try
to click on editorial on the left navi you will then see the error,
despite the fact that i have the copy of friday_1008_html in the
editorial folder.<br>
My impression is that since i have been able to use the date_code to
display the teaser for the news item, then i should be able to use for
all other link items on this page.<br>
thanks for your care.<br>
Hamzat Kamal.<br>