[Zope] ZCatalog searching again!

paul dunbar pauldunbar@email.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:10:56 +0800

Thanks to the people who replied to my last question.I think the way Dieter told me to do it is the best way for me,that is,putting double quotes around the name before i search it.This however is a problem.The name is taken in from the user as a variable 'au'.So,for example,if the user enters 'paul dunbar',this is entered into the catalog search by au,not by the actual name.So,the problem is how do i enclose the au varaible in double quotes to be able to search the catalog.I have tried the following:
<dtml-let fullname=-.str('"'au'"')>
i was hoping that then fullname would be in the format "paul dunbar" and then i could enter fullname in to the catalog and not au.
Any help would be appreciated.
paul dunbar.