[Zope] Output debug info

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:49:44 -0500

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 10:40:47AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Frank Stephan wrote:
> >
> > is there a way to output my own debug info to console
> > like I can with System.out.println() in Java?
>
> in python products you can use 'print', but that's 'bad' in production code.

Very, very bad. It doesn't bite you until you do something like start
or restart zope from a remote ssh session, then log out. At some point
in the near future, that product will start randomly failing with IO
Errors. It won't happen to people who only run their machines from the
local console (like the developers of said product often do).

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu