[Zope] wysiwyg editor

Sebastian Kügler sebas@ick-kupplungen.de
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:02:49 +0200

Hey group,

I already discussed this issue with some people @Eurozope in Berlin two
month ago, here's an update of the status.

We planned to implement a WYSIWYG editor in zope, but it seemed quite hard
to find one. This problem has been solved. Maybe there are people who
already found the same one, edit-on, it is a product of realobjects, a
company from germany.

Although it is not open source, i would recommend to at least check the
online demo http://www.realobjects.de/samples/cmsdemo/ and click around. To
me it really seems to be a fine peace of software with enough features to
integrate it in Zope in "the zope way". (customizing also seems to be quite
conveniant as most of it's featurescan be configurated within xml files.)

I am nearly finished with integrating edit on in zope (Not the most
difficult hack i ever needed to make ;))

I think I do not have to explain all the possibilities such a tool can give
especially when talking about CMS applications. Afaik realobjects can
provide you with a limited evluation license for free.

give it a try, report your experience if already existing, opinions and tips
are also very welcome ...

greetZ,

sebas.

Sebastian Kügler