[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Photo Product Update

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:02:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Ron Bickers wrote:

> Andrew's Photo product also has an obscure bug that caused images to change
> orientation (swap width/height) seemingly randomly.  I could reproduce it
> through trial and error, but that's about it.  At least one other person
> reported having the same problem.  I eventually fixed it with my own patch,
> but decided a rewrite was in order.

Pant, pant, it's hard to catch up with this list on time. ;)

Just for the record: Abovementioned bug was due to the 'displays' data
structure not beeing deepcopied! Photos thus used to overwrite each
other's width/height values causing all kinds of 'strange interactions'.

I sure hope the new Photo (which I haven't yet taken a look at) does not
suffer from the same... ;)

Regards,
Stefan