[Zope] Null value from Form Input

Antonio Carrasco antoniojezu@hotmail.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 04:21:12 +0200

Hello, Michael. The problem here, is not the NULL value of the variable
responsiveness. The problem is that the variable responsiveness does not
exit in the namespace you are passing to the ZSQLMethod. I think you have
three parts to process the Form:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Montagne, Michael" <montagne@BOORA.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 2:36 AM
Subject: [Zope] Null value from Form Input

> I have a form with a series of radio buttons that allow rating 1-5.  In
> order to make it easier to get an average of those numbers, I'd like to
> allow NULL inputs.  A snippet of my SQL method to update the database is:

1. The Insert ZSQLMethod: (sqlInsert may be the name)
> INSERT INTO tblContactEval (responsiveness)
> VALUES(<dtml-sqlvar responsiveness type="int" optional>);

2. The Form in a dtml document or method with <form action="insert"...

> The form looks something like this:
> <input type=radio name=responsiveness value=1>1&nbsp
> <input type=radio name=responsiveness value=2>2&nbsp
> <input type=radio name=responsiveness value=3>3&nbsp
> <input type=radio name=responsiveness value=4>4&nbsp
> <input type=radio name=responsiveness value=5>5&nbsp

3. You have the insert method wich must look like this:
<dtml-call "sqlInsert()">

I think the error is here. May be you are doing <dtml-call sqlInsert> so the
actual REQUEST namespace isnīt passed to the ZSQLMethod.

I hope I have helped you.
Antonio Carrasco
What is the best way of do CVS in a Zope project? This my question. Have you
make a project in Zope, how do you do it? This is my question. Thank you to
all no one who has answered me. Pleasssssseeeeeee!. Itīs easy. Give me some
ideas!!!!. I need an advice!!!