[Zope] Add "type > myzClass" does not have a property for title?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:04:04 +0200 (CEST)

Trevor Toenjes writes:
 > Or is "title" completely missing when you add a zClass object?
 > It only asks for the ID.
There are ZClasses without "title"...

 > I have had to add "title" manually to the "property sheets" to compensate
 > for this.
 > If I am not mistaken, This seems like a major ommission and Zope
 > inconsistency with zClasses which are supposed to be Folder-like.
If you derive from "Folder", your ZClass has a "title" property.

  Customize your ZClass constructors (form and action) to
  call for a title and set it with "manage_changeProperty", respectively.

 > The Zope Book "Chapter 9" says to create a "title" index in a zCatalog, but
 > the zClass doesn't have a "title" property...?
Some have, but not in a PropertySheet...

Dieter