[Zope] Zope 2.4.0, CookieUserFolder, Anonymous Access

Achim Domma achim.domma@syynx.de
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:47:43 +0200

Hi,

I try to use CookieUserFolder to let Users authenticate through a webform,
but
if I create a CookieUserFolder a folder, the anonymous user can't access
anything
in this folder. I do the following steps :

1. create new folder
2. create DTMLDocument index_html in this folder
3. try to access index_html as anonymous user -> ok !
4. create CookieUserFolder in this folder, change nothing else
5. try to access index_html as anonymous user -> login form apears !?

I tried to understand the code of CookieUserFolder and as far as I
understand it
also checks the anonymous user. It seems also to walk the folder hierarchy
up
to check other folders. Could it be problem, that I have a normal userfolder
in a parentfolder ?
In the folder above my new folder the anonymous user can access index_html
and
I use Acquisition, so I don't understand what's going wrong.

Another question : If I remove the CookieUserFolder again I still cannot
access
index_html. Is this normal ?

greetings
Achim