[Zope] Zope / Apache conflict

Michael michael@exasource.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:39:16 -0600

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your response.  We have Apache installed on actually, three
 different ports. Port 80, port 431 and a later build on 8080.  We installed
 Zope with the -w option directing it to port 8088, then to port 8880, then
 to port 9268, then to port 29268.  In all cases, as long as port 8080 was
 enabled Zope failed to connect.  The assigned port was enabled and
 listening, but Zope would not respond.  As soon as we killed 8080, it would
 run on any of the assigned ports.  This is why we were confused.  It should
 run wherever we assign it, regardless of how many servers we are running,
 but it doesn't.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Jens Vagelpohl contacted me regarding: Re: [Zope] Zope /
 Apache conflict

> you can tell zope which port to use by executing the "start" script with
> the "-w" switch followed by a port number.
>
> please read the comments in z2.py in the root of your zope installation,
> it explains all command line switches very well.
>
> jens

Michael Lewis
Exasource Inc.
Phone: 970.206.4556