[Zope] Recommendations: dynamically link glossary terms in Catalog indexes??

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:07:11 +0200 (CEST)

Trevor Toenjes writes:
 > I have a zClass(Glossary of terms) and another zClass of Technical
 > Procedures.
 >
 > Is there a way to dynamically find every instance of a glossary term in a
 > Technical Procedure and the make the term a hotlink to its instance in the
 > Glossary(do a pop-up, make it the alt tag...whatever)
Not easy:

  Split the text into words (using e.g. a splitter).
  Stem the resulting words (not too difficult in English,
  may be much more difficult in other languages, e.g. Finnish).

  If your glossary terms are single words, you can look them
  up already.

  Otherwise, you find candidates for phrases. You need
  more analysis to check whether the occurences are really
  instances of your glossary term.

You would probably not do it fully dynamically but only
after changes or periodically at night/weekend.

Dieter