[Zope] Trigger open/download of file object via script

Andy Bulka abulka@netspace.net.au
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:23:47 +1000

How do I trigger open/download of file object, whose id have had their
.filename extensions removed?

My file objects (that have been uploaded into zope via a form) are not given
Id's that are the same as their original filename (cos of possible duplicate
filename & other issues), thus clicking on a hyperlink genjerated with zope
code like this:
ain't gonna trigger a open/download dialog box (cos IE sees no file
extension is present, I guess)

Note that I *do* keep the original filename with extension - as the *title*
of the file object (rather than as its Id) )
e.g. file01  has a title "fred.doc"
e.g. file02  has a title "another letter re news.doc"

EXAMPLE WHAT I WANT:  I want to be able to click on a hyper link entry for
say, "file02" and get a open/download dialog box prompting me to save/open
that zope object as "another letter re news.doc"

thanks for any help on this,
-Andy Bulka