[Zope] Browser/Zope interaction

Horst Wald horstwald@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:58:02 +0000

Hi,

is it possible do damage your Zope when something's wrong with your browser?

A few days ago I noticed that my Internet Explorer displayed views of
Zope-Pages that were clearly out of date even if I relaoded the page. When I
emptied the cache and restarted IE the Problem was gone first and then
reappeared.

Shortly after I encountered problems with my Zope: file structure tree on
the left displayed different subfolders of certain folders than the content
frame on the right. These folders could neither be exported nor accessed via
FTP.

I had this problem with two Zope-servers going nuts this way one shortly
after the other, and the only thing I can think of they have in common is
the browser with which I accessed them. And there's something wrong with it,
because I get "access-violation-errors" (or whatever "Zugriffsverletzung" is
in english) several times a day. But can a damaged browser damage Zope?

This theory seems a little weird to me, but I have no other. Any other
explanation?

Horst

Downloaden Sie MSN Explorer kostenlos unter http://explorer.msn.de/intl.asp