[Zope] Asyncore.py

Edward Muller edwardam@cc234543-a
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:30:38 -0500

On Sunday 16 September 2001 10:09, Nitin Borwankar wrote:
> Ben,
>
> I recently built the same Zope version and also have 2 Python versions,
> 1.5.2 and 2.1 on RH Linux 7.1.
> "ls /usr/bin/py*" gave two instances of python - .../python1.5 and the
> other .../python2.1
> Also there was a /usr/bin/python which was a copy (not symbolic link) of
> python1.5
> So I overwrote that with a copy of python2.1 and the build went fine.
> I want the default python to be 2.1 anyway so I left it that way.

Well, python was hard linked (not a copy of) to python1.5.

You should have also had a python2 and a python2.1 (one is a hard link to the
other).

To compile zope with the right python just say either ...

python2 pcgi.py

or

python2 wo_pcgi.py

I suggest putting your python environment back together (i.e. hard linking
python to python1.5 and hard linking python2 to python2.1). Then recompile
zope with the above.

--
Edward Muller - edwardam@home.com - edwardam@handhelds.org
The way revolutions are completed is only by the death of the previous