[Zope] Asyncore.py

Nitin Borwankar nitin@borwankar.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:37:18 -0700

> To compile zope with the right python just say either ...
>
> python2 pcgi.py
>
> or
>
> python2 wo_pcgi.py

I needed to have MySQL support also and there appeared to be a
"python ......" in one of the make scripts.  So invoking python2 at the
top level was not enough in my case, as part of the build would have the
python==python1.5 invoked.

I had to ensure that the "python" invocation would invoke python2.1.

Is there any reason any more to keep around the 1.5 hard linked to
python, rather than have 2.1 ?  I was putting a fresh RH 7.1 and Zope
2.4 installation in place and had no legacy python code so I didn't
bother.

Nitin Borwankar.