[Zope] Re: Zope Developer Recruiting Site was Great Zope Site Idea?

lozinski@openstepnews.com lozinski@openstepnews.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your posting recommending a zope site listing resumes and jobs.
In general this would be a great thing to do, but sadly there is little market
demand for it.

I speak as a recruiter who develops his site in Zope.  www.jobmart.com.  I
currently am the dominant, indeed only remaining recruiter for Apple's
WebObjects developers.   I have seriously considered becoming a zope recruiter,
and growing my web site to provide such services, but sadly I believe that there
is little or no market for such services.  Sure developers would love to post
their resumes there, but hiring managers are easily able to find developers, and
so would not be willing to pay for such a site.   So it is tough to justify the
investment in building such a site.

The other problem is the general lack of demand for web services now.
Investment is just not flowing into the web, so there is excess of zope
developers.

Regards
Chris

1-510-795-6086