[Zope] remote publishing

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:47:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> | I am a new user of Zope and am still stymied by one question:
> | can documents/objects be published on remote machines? For example:
> |consider Zope installed on a development
> | machine. Once pages/sites have been proofed in Zope, can they be moved --
> | published -- (by Zope) to a production machine? If so, how?
>
> You can use wget/webcopy et. al to do this for you, rather than push it out
> of zope, you can pull it into apache.

yes but this would only pull static content.

to remotely publish objects to another Zope host you may want to consider
products like ZSyncer (http://www.zope.org/Members/andym) or using Zope's
own export/import facilities combined with a shell script which automates
all this using wget and ssh for example.

hth.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE